Monday 5 January 2009

What I'm Looking For

“You broke the bonds
And you loosed the chains
Carried the cross of my shame
Oh my shame, You know I believe it

But I still haven't found

What I'm looking for”

- Part of “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” by U2

These are some of my favourite lyrics of all time; simply because they express what I believe to be the truth. Some may, however, be perplexed by the last two lines. Let me explain. Jesus was born, lived, died and was resurrected that we may have life in all it’s fullness. I know that I have not attained life in all its fullness and I am pretty certain that most of the world have the same problem. Therefore I haven’t found what I’m looking for, but I maintain the search. I search and question and probe and discover and share and learn that I may one day be completely certain of the hope that is within me and be able to tell the world. I may never be certain, but I will always search.

No comments: