Friday 14 August 2009

Your Church Needs You!

"You can either hold yourself up to the unrealistic standards of others, or ignore them and concentrate on being happy with yourself as you are."
Jeph Jacques

I realised something the other week.

I had been praying for more humility and the next day found myself greatly fed up because I thought myself useless. It is at these times we text our friends. I did this and my friend text back, inevitably, "You are not useless, you are important."

Of course he is right, and I realised this almost immediately. But I also realised that it was true for everybody else as well.

I realised for the first time that I am important. I am part of a whole, of a movement, of a Church that is always aiming for Jesus, but not always setting the crosshairs right. I am part of this so that I can do my bit to point us in the right direction, and no one else will do what God has assigned me to do as well as me.

And I won't do what everyone else does as well as them.

Hence, it is important you realise YOUR CHURCH NEEDS YOU!

No comments: