Wednesday 16 November 2011

3WW: Impetus of Solace

Recently, my Dad has been praising the BBC production called The Big Silence. I have not seen it, but my Dad is amazed at the experience silence and solitude can provide. Based on this and my own quiet times I have written a poem about the impetus of solace.

The Impetus of Solace

 The impetus of solace,
in a hardened place,

Kneeling alone,
all chances blown,

Begging for mercy,
that you'd find me,

vindicated
abdicated

of all my wrong
the list's so long

So long, old life
to belong, new life

As the impetus of solace
finds me in a place
of  renewed grace.

3 comments:

Sheilagh Lee said...

this made me smile renewed grace.always good

Laurie Kolp said...

Confession is good for the soul no matter where and with whom it takes place (as long as they're trusted).

Daydreamer said...

Most answers to our questions are found in true silence. It's the reason (I think) why most great 'thinkers' needed time alone. It's only in the silence when we try to cease all ego and will and allow ourselves the freedom to stop wanting/needing and just let ourselves 'be' that we can go deep enough to connect with our inner light.
Your dad is right. The journey to self discovery is (perhaps) the most important one of our lives.
Lovely prose.
Very nice to meet you and thanks for visiting me :)