Tuesday 8 July 2008

A Birthday to Remember

There are some things that are meant to be.

For example, a few posts ago I apologised that nothing ever happens to me anymore. As usual, I spoke too soon.

Last Friday it was both my birthday and my last day of work before I leave for South Africa tomorrow.

The morning began well with a bike sitting in my front room waiting for me. It is my first very own bike since I was 5, and it is very nice. It has an aluminium frame and a removable wheel!

Obviously this cost a lot of money, but there were still a number of presents scattered across the sofa. I began to open them.

A summary of these presents:

Immodium
Anti-bacterial handwash
Mars Bars
Paracetamols
Anti-bacterial handwash
Wet Wipes
Facial Wipes
Ten packets of ten tissues
More Anti-bacterial handwash

As you can tell my Mum is worried about me going to South Africa.

Anyway, I went to work and had a decent day. I got a card from the class I have worked most in and a card from the class I worked often in, it was very lovely.

I headed home for the evening. I got home. I'd forgotten my card, and my Mum said I needed to sort out my currency for my trip. So me and my brother went back to my school to retrieve my card and then headed for the Post Office.

Well, the bank first. Then my brother went to look for shoes and I went looking for the Post Office. I walked along the street and thought to myself,

"I'm sure it used to be somewhere here."

And after pacing past where it used to be a number of times I realised it was the one with the whitewashed windows and the notice saying,

POST OFFICE MOVED TO WH SMITHS

Oh.

I walked along to Smiths and met my brother on the way. There I exchanged my money and we set off home, where we decided to walk the dogs.

The walk was uneventful, and when we got back some guests had arrived.

The evening proceeded peacefully and with some mild humour. Then everyone bar one friend went home, and I spoke to my Uncle for half an hour on the phone.

It was then that I began to feel sick. Soon after I gave my friend a lift home, and went to bed.

And so the night began.

Vomiting violently throughout the night and having continuous diarrhoea for an hour in one sitting is quite annoying, and once again the title of this blog comes up trumps (very loud and wet ones). The stench was unbearable and my brother moved from our room to the lounge. That doesn't mean to say I had diarrhoea in our room, but I had been sick in a bowl in there.

At least it wasn't so bad as Shakespeare's birthday.

The next day I did, of course, starve myself, and slowly but surely I recovered. Today I feel fine, if slightly annoyed at Federer's loss the other day.

Now there is only South Africa to worry about. I saved my Immodium last Friday night but hopefully it won't be necessary in South Africa over the next three weeks.

1 comment:

Mick said...

Happy Barf-day for last Friday!