Wednesday 2 July 2008

A Host of Information, unfortunately mainly about me

A new month. At last, a new post.

It has been hectic for the past week or so, and thus I have been either too busy or too shattered to write anything.

Last Friday my Dad picked me up from work and straight away we headed for Manchester. My brother lives in Manchester and because he is far cleverer than me he has finished a degree and has now decided to stay living in Manchester. Because he is far better looking than me and an all round better person than me as well he is also getting married in the summer.

But not before I have returned from South Africa (unless my flight is delayed).

I fly to South Africa next Wednesday evening, and it is quite a petrifying wait. Hopefully it will be worth the suspense.

You see, my Dad was on the phone to a family friend who's often over there the other week. He told my Dad that I shouldn't carry a rucksack in town, but a carrier bag instead because last year in South Africa there were 9000 murders. 9000! Hopefully I will not be part of this year's statistics.

Recently I have taken it upon myself to read the Narnia series.

Many years ago I began The Magician's Nephew but soon got bored and left it.

This time I finished it within 24 hours of starting it. A good read I thought. Perhaps you will disagree with me. I found truths (or believed-to-be truths) on so many different levels that it made GCSE English seem almost worthwhile.

This week is my last at work, unless they offer me a place for next year, which is possible though unlikely.

So, my life enters a whirlwind of uncertainty and the front of a wind of change.

Let us see where it carries us.

Now for some other information because otherwise you will believe me to be like the seagulls in Finding Nemo:

To provide you with this lovely information I went to a site to find out about Dolphins. It was useless. I could have told you each of those facts, and in a better way. So I will.

The most interesting is that Dolphins sleep and swim at the same time. I seem to remember this is called unilateral sleep. Essentially, one half of the dolphins brain shuts down whilst the other continues to operate. This means they don't forget to come up for air, which is quite important when you're a mammal.

The other one of slight interest is that there are dolphins in the world who are blind. They use sonar to find their way round their river. I seem to recall that these are either extinct or very nearly there from the news a few weeks ago.

There, some useless information from my brain, not the internet.

Please share your interesting though brilliantly useless information in the comments. That way we can all learn something new today (and not go to Sainsbury's to try it instad).

1 comment:

Seed Sower said...

A little tip that I have aquired on my journey thru life...

When you move furniture around in the house, (because you feel like a change) sometimes there is a little 'dent' in the carpet where that piece of furnitire once stood. To get rid of this drop an ice cube into the 'dent' and let it disolve overnight. In the morning both the ice cube and the 'dent' will have vanished!

Best to do this once any cats, dogs, kids or curious husbands have gone to bed. Otherwise they will either eat it, remove it or tuck it down a siblings back!! :-)