Thursday 19 June 2008

Meaningless, meaningless, everything is meaningless?

I have been thinking about the world, and all that is in it.

I cannot comprehend it.

I cannot make sense of it.

Consider today's post on thwtd.blogspot.com

That guy believes in God whilst all those people are suffering. Why?

But then, why do those who don't believe in God give a dam? They have nothing to worry about but their short little and pretty irrelevant lives on Earth. I mean, if an eternity of non-existence is just around the corner then why worry that someone else is going to get there quicker than you and in a much harsher way?

I suppose that is a nihilistic view, and as such is too pessimistic. Then again, it was the view of Nietzsche who was quite a famous philosopher and possibly correct.

Now I shall continue to wonder, and allow you to do so too. With the following pictures as a possible aid.


A child sharing. Does it mean anything in the face of the following?





Part of the Universe

No comments: