Saturday 24 May 2008

A Risky Sale to Freedom

A car boot sale was visited today. By many people, including myself. My two sisters came too with my Gran and Dad. We saw my brother, sister-in-law and niece there.

I bought three books, totalling 90p. Dad bought some plumbing thing for £2. My eldest younger sister bought two books, totalling 50p. My youngest sister bought 11 china dolls for £1.50 and Gran bought her a doll's highchair for £10! And Gran bought my brother a Scalextric set for £25.

I felt a little left out, although there was nothing there I was that desperate for.

Tonight I am going to play Risk ("the high risk strategy game" (the makers of the game don't know the meaning of the word 'risk' if they think a board game is high risk, they should go find a very thin rope to do a bungee jump with so they can call their game "Safe as houses")). I have won for the past two times, third time unlucky most likely.

Erm...

I think I shall write here one of my previously unpublicised poems:

Freedom

Freedom,
That ever elusive thing.
Some believe they have it,
Others realise they don’t.

Freedom,
Seeked but never found.
A concept,
Glanced at, not stared.

Freedom,
Offered to others,
Who already have it,
An opinion,
Impossible fact.

I did write some more on this poem, but that is saved on my other computer.

No comments: