Thursday 22 May 2008

A Depressing Day

There is a child in my school who thinks that 'ridiculous' is a rude word. Well, I have had that kind of day.

In fairness, it only deteriorated after work. At work it was a pretty good day, and I enjoyed nearly all of it. Then I heard the bad news.

My work can only afford to pay me for two days a week from here on in, hence a poor person just dived into the rather hard concrete known as poverty. At least, it feels like it.

What makes it worse is that I phoned up Student Loans Company Limited about repaying my loan.

(I quit Uni after one term, partly because I'm rubbish, and partly because I felt the course was. All in all, not a good combination.)

On my loan statement I have interest added to my already extortionate fee for one term. But I earn less than 15k a year (especially now) so I have not begun repayments. I phoned to enquire about this. It is the correct policy.

I think that charging a poor person interest on a loan from the Government at 4.8% is actually unethical, and I am very annoyed.


I have had one piece of good news today. I have been invited for an interview to work at a school starting in September. Maybe I'll just be poor in the meantime.

Lastly, there was no post yesterday because I had a busy day after work, and then had to watch football, the result of which I was, shall we say, ecstatic about.

I feel like writing another of my poems on here:

Why?

I asked myself "Why?" the other day,
few answers came,
I wonder why?
perhaps there are none,
perhaps only few,
but "Why?" I still ask myself,
that's what I do.

1 comment:

Mick said...

You are neither rubbish or poor. You are Jonny and that is great!